October 5, 2018
Now in its 42nd year, Building Design+Constructions (BD+C) annual Giants 300 report ranks AEC firms by discipline and across more than 20 building sectors and specialty services.
Epstein is pleased to have ranked near the top in multiple categories again this year, landing on several Top 10 lists! Specifically, Epstein was categorized as one of the nations top firms for:
- Top Industrial firms (architecture). Out of 76 companies, Epstein came in at no. 8 with a reported 2017 industrial revenue of $10,086,900.
We understand the industrial lifecycle and are built to deliver comprehensive solutions that create the best outcomes at every stage. Innovative design solutions, 24-hour facility operations our services are unmatched by any firm competing in the industrial landscape today, said Darrin McCormies, Director of Industrial Process Engineering.
Epstein's recent manufacturing projects include a dry mixing and packaging plant for Saratoga Foods in Eastvale, California, a custom food ingredients manufacturing facility for Baldwin-Richardson Foods in Rochester, New York and a $335 million pork processing plant for Seaboard Triumph Foods in Sioux City, Iowa.
- Top Reconstruction firms (architecture). Out of 195 companies, Epstein came in at no. 9 with a reported 2017 reconstruction revenue of $86,658,900.
- Top Convention Center firms (architecture). Out of 27 companies, Epstein came in at no. 10 with a reported 2017 convention center revenue of $1,611,700.
Over the last 20 years, Epstein has been responsible for the design and engineering of some of the largest convention centers in the world, Director of Architecture, Randy Buescher, AIA, said. During this time, we've developed a reputation as the firm of choice for large-scale urban projects that require expertise in the management of multi-member teams and the execution of complex, sensitive designs.
Some of these most notable projects include Chicago's McCormick Place Convention Center, New York City's Jacob K. Javits Convention Center, and the Grand Cube Osaka/Osaka International Conference Hall in Osaka, Japan.
Epstein also ranked favorably in the following categories:
- Architecture/Engineering firms. Out of 112 companies, Epstein came in at no. 63 with a reported 2017 A/E revenue of $24,281,000.
- Hotel Sector firms (architecture). Out of 111 companies, Epstein came in at no. 32 with a reported 2017 hotel revenue of $4,557,700.
Epstein has over 60 years of experience designing hotels for some of the industry's largest operators. Since the 50s, Epstein has provided professional design and planning services for the likes of Hyatt, Hilton, Holiday Inn, Marriott and the Inter-Continental Hotels Corporation. Additionally, Epstein is currently working on the worlds tallest modular hotel.
Some of our recently competed projects include the Five-Star Conrad Chicago and the nationwide renovation program for La Quinta, said David Scott, AIA, Epstein's Director of Hospitality. Whether we are changing the game with innovative concepts or empowering hoteliers with proven tactics, Epstein has set itself apart as one of the hospitality's big players.
- Office Sector firms (architecture). Out of 205 companies, Epstein came in at no. 84 with a reported 2017 office revenue of $3,782,900.
From outdoor space within a commercial building that provides a platform for enhanced employee interaction to environmentally-responsible materials, Epstein works collaboratively with our clients to constantly redefine what these spaces can be, said Executive Managing Director, Michael Damore, AIA.
Recent Epstein office projects include a renovation of Whirlpools Global Headquarters in Benton Harbor, Michigan, multiple design assignments as the building architect for the high-rise 55 West Monroe in Chicago, and the design of Two Tabor, a new 33-story high-rise in Denver.
- Multifamily firms (architecture). Out of 140 companies, Epstein came in at no. 107 with a reported 2017 multifamily revenue of $1,210,000.
Providing architecture and engineering services for residential developers throughout the United States and Central Europe, Epstein has proven to be a valuable partner.
Our growing residential portfolio features a diverse mix of projects, from a high-rise luxury condominium building to a mixed-use development, said Steven Marx, Director of Client Services. And rather than follow a prescribed formula, our tailored designs cater to the specific needs and aspirations of each client.
Our current multi-family portfolio includes conceptual design of a new mixed-use development in Bucharest, Romania, an eight-story multi-family residential building in Warsaw, Poland, and a high-rise condominium in Chicago.
Epstein also ranked in the following categories:
- Top Cultural Facilities firms (architecture). No. 109 out of 118; $28,900 in revenue.
- Top State Government firms (architecture). No. 38 out of 88; $1,185,000 in revenue.
- Top Local Government firms (architecture). No. 64 out of 135; $1,596,400 in revenue.
- Top Government firms (architecture). No. 75 out of 140; $2,948,500 in revenue.
- Top Industrial firms (construction). No. 21 out of 98; $264,582,000 in revenue.
- Top Transit firms (architecture). No. 12 out of 49; $3,003,700 in revenue.
- Top VA firms (architecture). No. 25 out of 39; $167,100 in revenue.
- Top BIM Architecture firms. No. 71 out of 197; $24,281,800 in revenue.
- Top BIM Contractor firms. No. 54 out of 89; $264,582,000 in revenue.
- Top Reconstruction firms (construction). No. 69 out of 127; $86,658,900 in revenue.
- Top International firms (architecture). No. 26 out of 70; $4,600,000 in revenue.
- Top Reconstruction firms (construction). No. 32 out of 49; $4,600,000 in revenue.
- Design-Build firms. No. 84 out of 103; $8,461,000 in revenue.
Data for the Giants 300 charts is based on information supplied by the respective firms, who are required to verify the accuracy of their data.
More than 480 United States-based architecture, engineering and construction firms participated in this years report. These rankings further demonstrate Epstein's depth and diversity, both in the services we provide and in the markets we serve; traits that have run strong throughout our 97-year history.
Congratulations to all of our respective departments and their teams!