October 7, 2019
Epstein is serving as a full service architecture, design and engineering team for multiple interior office build-outs for Industrious, one of the largest and fastest growing companies in the co-working sector. We are uniquely poised to assist Industrious with their rapid growth as our strong interior design and MEP engineering team has experience managing large multi-location programs.
For these projects, Epstein works hand-in-hand with the internal Industrious team to implement their design vision. This design vision features a clean line aesthetic with glass-walled offices oriented around shared co-working spaces. Epsteins design team achieves Industrious design goals by utilizing inspirational concept images and 3D interior renderings to communicate the design intent. While it is important to maintain their brand message through established standards across all of the Industrious locations, each project has a local flavor, taking inspiration from surrounding architecture, culture and history.
Technical integration services include:
- Code assessments for high-density layouts
- Defining and planning appropriate egress solutions based on higher than usual capacities.
- Implementation of a clean and orderly ceiling design in the open-ceiling environment.
- Careful coordination of ductwork, lighting, and other ceiling elements to create an organized and calm visual presentation.
- Acoustical evaluations for quiet and private spaces; taking mechanical noise, noise transmission from adjacent spaces, and noise reverberation into consideration.
- Careful placement of mechanical equipment, and treatment of duct penetrations and transfer grilles for a clean appearance.
The scope of work for the Industrious project you see here, the 10th floor within the 500 West Madison high-rise office building in Chicago, involves providing interior design and MEP/FP engineering for a 41,533 square foot full-floor tenant fit-out. The fit-out includes office suites, lobby and lounge spaces, large open cafÃ©, galley kitchens, conference and huddle rooms, phonerooms, and copy, mail and storage areas. In addition, the scope included renovation of the restrooms.
In addition to this project in Chicago, Epsteins design and engineering team has been responsible for delivering Industrious projects in Evanston, Illinois and Columbus, Ohio and is currently in the design phase of an expansion to the 500 West Madison location.