May 5, 2022
Last weekend, the Epstein Community Foundation (ECF), a non-profit charity formed by Epstein employees, participated in an event with Rebuilding Together Metro Chicago, a nationwide organization dedicated to providing critical home repairs, modifications and improvements for residents in need.
After a hiatus due to COVID-19, the ECF was back this year to upgrade the Hess residence, ultimately making it a much safer home for them to live in. Because of this hiatus, the Hess family, who live in Englewood, has been waiting for this day since 2020! Mr. Hess is retired, and a big Cubs fan; Mrs. Hess is a nurse aid; their daughter recently graduated from high school and currently lives with them while she takes college courses and works in the same hospital as her mother.
Some of the projects accomplished included:
- Painted living room
- Replaced light fixtures in kitchen & bathroom
- Bathroom makeover with new medicine cabinet and storage
- Front porch repairs including new handrail and guardrail
- Front and back yard landscaping
- Interior stair repairs including new treads and handrail
- New light fixtures in the basement
- Front and back exterior door repairs
Rebuilding together provides repair work completed by volunteers at no cost to their clients. Since 1991, they have partnered with local government, corporations, trade unions, and civic groups to repair 1,900 homes and 285 nonprofit facilities in local communities.
We can’t wait until next year!