October 30, 2020
The 2020 Epstein Pumpkin Carving Contest has come to a close. And, this year, we were looking for the true spirit of Halloween.
For the chance to win several prizes, all participants had to do was submit a photo of their completed and decorated Jack-O’-Lanterns. The rules? Go nuts! Epsteiners were encouraged to use as many pumpkins as they deemed necessary, as well as any other materials required to bring their vision to life. Or death. As long as a pumpkin was used in some fashion, the entry was eligible.
And the results are in. Here are the winners in their respective categories:
Traditional Carving (top and bottom left): Chris Macko, with pumpkin "I Call the Big One Betty!"
Mixed Media & Best-in-Show (two verticals right): Alex Vera, with "Litter of Ghouls."
Additional noteworthy mentioned in the Traditional Carving category include:
- Gail Pollard (top left) - "Pumpkin-ception"
- Holly Seiler (bottom middle) - "Orange is Sus"
- Jon Scales (bottom right)- "Finding NEMA"
- Olivia Corcoran (top middle) – "Swiss Cheese"
- Simon Cygielski (bottom left) – "Another from the Patch"
And in the Mixed Media Category:
- Jenny Kuether (top right)– "Pumpkin Spice Spa Day"
Congratulations to our winners, and thank you to all of the contest participants! We are inspired by your creativity and skills.